Special announcement : our VR stripclub is about to be released!

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

Evosparki
Desde en Aug 2018

27 posts
December 1, 2018
I really love the idea of this! But the models look a bit too cartoony for me.
I have a very high-end gaming PC and my Oculus Rift is getting very dusty - mainly because I don't really like easily noticing the 720p pixels. When the next higher res headset comes out then I think that will be proper awesome I'll deffo get that headset.

By the way, for the gamer's out there who are into this sort of thing then you might also be interested in an upcoming game called Wild Life, check out its trailer out on youtube by a game dev called Stefan Ehrenhaus.

freechick
Desde en Jul 2017

15 posts
December 1, 2018
VR headset is too expensive..not interested
Blackstar88
Desde en Apr 2017

4 posts
December 2, 2018
I dont know.... Would the VR have the option of having interracial custumers.
rain5515
Desde en Feb 2018

2 posts
December 2, 2018
I have an oculus go and would really like to use this software. Is there a way I will be able to do that?
rain5515
Desde en Feb 2018

2 posts
December 2, 2018
We're also working on classic stereoscopic VR180 videos for istripper. But the experience with VRParadise is something really different. The dancers will litteraly dance over and around you, very close like in a real table dance club. These is something that can't be done with fixed point of vue videos. The youtube trailer video can't show want the experience will be wise the VR Headset.
When approximately will VR180 videos be available?
marc999
Desde en Nov 2007

28 posts
December 3, 2018
i like the sounds of the vr180 videos looking forward to that!
ukdazza
Desde en Apr 2014

35 posts
December 14, 2018
Isnt this launched on steam today, Why no song and dance, anouncement celebrations or promotions ?. its not even on the news page as latest news.
lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
CVSiN
Desde en Dec 2007

26 posts
December 15, 2018
I like it.... BUT it really should have been a 50$ 1 time buy.. in its current state i would not waste my money on dances. I want something like VG that I get to keep once I pay for it.. I would TOTALLY pay a 1 time fee for this. especially if you enabled full nudity strip teases by the girls on stage like a real club. the graphics are great the motion capture is awesome.. but microtransactions suck.. let us pay for the stripper then or something..
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
December 15, 2018
Agree with many of the steam users, it's a mistake to make it pay per 1 dance. I suppose i have been spoilt by istripper in that i pay once and watch as many times as i like.

Totem, please hire someone that actually knows how to rig models properly, there are tonnes of problems with the joints, most noticable when the girls raise their arms. No consideration has been made for intersecting geometry, arms pass through boobs, when legs are bent they badly intersect. Player char has no limits set on joints resulting in hands being able to pass right through the arm, arm can pass through clothing (why is there an arm anyway it's not like you can take your shirt off), when bending the forearm it spins round because there is no rotation limit on the joint. Who's hands are they, donald trumps tiny hands? Hands are in wrong position relative to players hands as is the body even after reset.

Boob and ass interaction is laugable, contact from any angle results in the same motion. They do jiggle nice though.

Pointless chair/teleport positions facing away from stages and one faces the exit and none at the edge of the stages...dafuk? Free teleport is far better than zones as vive users can just walk around anyway.

Teleporting over to a girl does not attract her attention, most of the time she walks away.

Textures are nice though some girls look a bit oily,

Not a bad start overall but needs work to be a great app.

Posted in steam too.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
December 15, 2018
Best seat in the house!
ukdazza
Desde en Apr 2014

35 posts
December 15, 2018
I have just downloaded VR stripclub, not had chance to play it yet, but I really hope the dev's continue work and make it something special.

Like many Im not a fan of ingame purchases, but understand money has to be made some how, it just maybe needs to be done a bit better.

The game needs to be intigrated closely with istripper as well maybe use video screens to show some of the 1000's of actual istripper video clips or art work of todays released model and maybe use the game to promoten istripper.

Whilst talking about intigrating the 2 products, why on earth use a new credit system for the game, would have been nice if istripper credits could have been used in vrstrip club at a cost of maybe 1 or 2 credits per dance that would be much more reasonable and pull in people who buy the game to maybe start using istripper and buying shows with spare credits.

Rex: I noticed with the latest collectors chart, alot of us life long members have now crossed the 4000 card milestone, would be nice gesture if we got some extra credits or free daces in VR strip Club ..
Narson
Desde en Dec 2018

2 posts
December 15, 2018
Thanks for trying to create a VR strip club. Lovely. You efforts are appreciated. Who wouldn't want a stripclub available in VR anyway? I have tested it with an Oculus Rift.
Sadly there are too many drawbacks for this to be a product worthy of praise/purchase.

First of all - It's a mistake to charge for every single dance. Please charge a one-time purchase price instead. Alternatively, do what you do here - charge a one time fee per perfomer and performance.
Secondly - The quality is just not there. Look at something like VR Kanojo - that is where the quality would need to be.

I love viewing iStripper on the virtual desktop inside virtual reality - and would love to see a full VR version of iStripper (although my wallet disagrees).

So my suggestion; Either slowly adapt what you already have to VR, or change your monetization method and seriously raise the quality of the graphics.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
December 15, 2018
@Narson, yeh. the models themselves are good enough as is the motion capture for the most part(self intersections aside), but the rigging is just noob level. It's like they just ran an autorigger on the model which really lets it down. The boob and butt physics is something i brought up months ago when they anounced they were working on it, seems they didn't pay any attention.

It's a shame they have hidden the unreal settings too (gameusersettings.ini, scalability.ini ect) hopefully they will rectify that at some point. Can't even get at them by unpacking the .pak as it's encrypted... as if that will stop people ripping the assets.

Things i would do...
Remove the player model as it's garbage and doesn't scale with the user except for the hands and have them closely match where they are on the controllers and scale them corectly(i don't think many guys have donald trump hands). Atm my real fingertips are in the models palm and rotated differently. The closer they are to your real hands the more your brain is fooled into thinking its real. Hoverjunkers found ages ago it's better to have disembodied hands than poorly matching arms.

Hire someone that can actually do rigging properly ( i have done better myself, so it's that bad).

Allow free movement (teleport or walk), and who thought it was a good idea to set chairs that don't face the stage as teleport hotspots and leave a sofa where a girl sits without hotspots?

One payment per show ie; pay once watch as many times as you want. I appreciate the increased cost of producing the mocap vs a video but the mocap can be used on different girls(reduced cost of the show if you already have that animation).

Info about shows duration on the buy popup.

Add some ai to the girls so they try to interact with you if you teleport near them rather than only if you sit in the next chair or wave money at them(suppose it's realistic in that way ;D ), atm they just walk off, seem more interested in the poledancers on the stage.

All of that before it comes out of beta, then a bunch of stuff after if it's a success.
rixyfida
Desde en Jan 2008

5 posts
December 16, 2018
More various faces and dances.
GreyWolfNH
Desde en Jul 2011

40 posts
December 16, 2018
Why shouldn't they?

Because Steam takes a significant chunk of your potential earnings as a fee to promote and sell your product.
wtprivate
Desde en Jul 2017

204 posts
December 16, 2018
WOW. THIS is why VR was invented. Absolutely insane!

Awesome effort Totem, I applaud you! Not that it's perfect, but by golly - it's eons ahead of the other adult VR experiences I've encountered.

Needless to say, I'll be spending a lot of credits on this ... and I can't wait to see where you will take this concept.

Amazing!

Some suggestions:
  • Enable mouse mode for non VR access (not everyone can afford a VR headset)
  • Let me purchase and keep track of specific dancers and outfits - the PPV is OK, but better would be to buy a specific dance / outfit
  • Keep the content fresh - please keep updating the dancers, the dances and the audio. It's really great now, but may get stale if you don't keep updating

Cheers
wherestron
wtprivate
Desde en Jul 2017

204 posts
December 18, 2018 (edited)
OK guys @Rex @celine, I've got to give you respect for listening to your customers and changing the business model for VR Paradise. Me personally, I liked the idea of paying for dances because it most closely matches the real experience. But, I know a lot of people ***** about it.

My ***** now is that without the recurring revenue, this awesome experience may not receive the ongoing support and development it needs to keep the content fresh and really take things to the next level.

So, now I suggest you sell a "Season Pass" similar to the way Epic Games does with Fortnite. The "Season Pass" is only available for a limited time, and would include access to a new club environment, plus:

• New girls (with new textures, audio and dance moves)
  • New outfits
  • New animations
  • New songs
  • New drinks

BUT to gain access to everything in the Season Pass, I have to earn it. Maybe the first few are available with the Season Pass, along with a special item, but the rest I have to earn through achievements such as X number of private dances, or dances with Y number of girls. That way I can "rank up" to be the "big daddy" of the club.

The items would be exclusive to the Season Pass, so the longer I stay and the more I buy, the more my collection grows. You could also cycle some of these items for one-time purchase in the "store" similar to how Fortnite brings back different items for a limited time exclusive.

With these items, I could create my own "custom" club, where I choose the environment, the available girls, and their outfits. It would be something I could personalise like I was the "club owner". It would even be cool to let me name the club, and to own multiple locations around the world and "travel" between them on a world map!

Having drinks available would let me "buy" girls a drink in the club. Perhaps each girl could have her favourite, and you could get a girl to "like" you more. Perhaps some girls should refuse the dance until they like you? Having to be a "good guy" in the club would get you better, longer dances with the girls too.

Similarly, perhaps doing some things makes you lose rank. Like getting caught touching the girls by the bouncer. I could earn and lose XP (experience points) to rank up higher, and this would unlock the items from the Season Pass.

The main thing I miss about not having to pay for dances is the feeling of "achievement" and "scarcity". If you can recreate that and monetise it in a way similar to Fortnite, I think you'll have something really awesome that people will get "hooked" into. Without some element like this, I think people will get bored quickly with the game and not return.

Also, one thing about the animations - it would be great if I could "direct" the model in some way. For example, using the controller, I could bring up a menu to select a particular "emote" to perform - a floor move, a shimmy, close up, etc. Perhaps the emotes available in the club are different to the ones in the private dance, for example?

And finally, I really suggest adding a "non VR" mode for keyboard and mouse users - this will dramatically expand your available market, as not everyone can afford a VR headset (oh, but thank god I can!). It may also get people to be curious enough to buy a headset!

I wish you every success with this game/experience - you've truly created something groundbreaking here, guys!

Cheers
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
December 18, 2018 (edited)
Yeh, a season pass might work out better or at least more profitable. Or perhaps cometics like outfits for the girls (as long as you don't take the piss with the price like a lot of game companies do)/ different enviroments like a beach ect.
Integration with istripper (will drive customers here too), A room like a cinema in the club where users can view cards on a large screen where they appear lifesize and psudo 3d. I am surprised how well my vive scene works (i know you guys could do much better version as i have to record the footage in side by side which crops the final image, and you could add propper upscaling and motion interpolation as i have to work with low quality scaling and doubled frames).
wtprivate
Desde en Jul 2017

204 posts
December 18, 2018
@Z22 this is why I think a Season Pass is better than paying for each asset.

Being able to "unlock" new items (hairstyles, outfits, shoes, accessories, jewellery, makeup styles, etc) would be better because I have paid for access to the achievments for a period of time, and I can "level up" to get the new items.

I always ***** the way 3d Sexvilla charged for every little thing. It was ***** and cumbersome, and I always felt like I wasn't getting a good deal.

On the other hand, having a Season Pass gives me access to everything - as long as I play the game and level up. This feels more fun than just paying for items, and because they are only available to get during the season, it gives me a reason to come back to the game again and again. I also like the "reward" of achieving XP by playing the game more.

But, I also think having some items in the "shop" like Fortnite does can be a good balance - especially if these are limited time availability, and on rotation. These should not be the same as the season items during the season - but afterward would be OK.

I like the idea of integrating cards - although I think the cards should be exclusive to VR Paradise. Going into a "VIP Lounge" to browse my collection of girls, with them on a private stage in VR would be awesome. Including stats, likes / dislikes, and perhaps their favourite drink to help with the "buy a drink" idea above.

The name of the product would also need to be changed if they (hopefully soon) support keyboard and mouse only mode. This will give them more customers, and then more $$ to expand the product. Perhaps a change to "Paradise Club" or "Virtual Paradise" might be better?

I really just want to see this concept succeed. As an "Early Access" product, it's already well ahead of many of the other adult VR experiences - so I am hoping Totem will consider different ways to monetise their IP instead of just a one-off purchase.

Eolis
Desde en Mar 2011

5 posts
December 19, 2018
I'm sorry, but Totem you are way out of your league here. Games from company like Illusion make your VR Paradise look like a complete amateur hack job.

In fact, modders make Skyrim look better than VR Paradise. Currently, VR Paradise is not worth it.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
December 19, 2018 (edited)
I'm sorry, but Totem you are way out of your league here. Games from company like Illusion make your VR Paradise look like a complete amateur hack job.

In fact, modders make Skyrim look better than VR Paradise. Currently, VR Paradise is not worth it.
The only vr game illusion make is vr kanojo and it's shite and they have been making adult games for years. Since when does skyrim have mocapped strip shows? I take it you didn't buy the lifetime pass and have only seen the 30-60 second teasers.

While there are problems with vrparadise they can all be fixed in time, you do understand what early access is don't you?
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
I have the Rift. I do not have the hand controllers. I don't use my Rift for "gaming", but rather use it with flight and racing simulators with third-party $1000+ controller setups for those sims (flight yokes, racing wheels and pedals, etc). I can already use the Rift for viewing iStripper on a Virtual Desktop application that lets me use my mouse to select everything in the iStripper GUI while wearing the Rift. The Rift hand controllers are not something I would purchase.

Are they required for VR Paradise? I can't even get past the "sit yourself down and press the joystick" initial setup/positioning requirement when the VR Paradise application starts. I can't get to (or find?) any "user manual" that would tell me how to use something else (like maybe the included X-Box controller that came with the Rift?).

If the Rift hand controllers are a requirement, VR Paradise is a non-purchase for me.
Jameslwor
Desde en Jun 2018

1 posts
December 19, 2018
How about linking the VR Stripclub to a persones iStripper account and have a passage in the strip club that goes to a section that has all the purchaes iStriper cards as different shows
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
December 19, 2018
@FalconAF atm you need the controllers as everything ingame is controlled by them, it's not a exactly a passive experiance. However there are many people whinging on steam that you can't play it on a monitor without vr so maybe they will add it in, no work on if they will though.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
@Jameslwor read the feature request megathread on the steam discussions page. already suggested.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!