ROFLOL Humor in advertising

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

fitfan
Desde en Aug 2018

58 posts
April 22, 2019
Advertising humor -
I stumbled across the homepage today and while some of the bullets are accurate.
One might disagree on others.... (offline use, registration server communication, cards gray out, loss of premium features)
And I loved the flawless experience claim... Application frequently locks up and closes requiring application restart especially with not connected to the internet- ROFLOL
No intrusive ads? As soon as your credits drop below a certain number the software is constantly reminding you to buy more.
The person in web design/marketing must not use the software, Or at least they seem to have a sense of humor.

Id agree that the community is very active and helpful.
Not sure how its totally anonymous when there are credit card records for "credit" purchases. IP records for traffic is stored by ISP's/Government. The software doesn't appear to have a built in VPN or TOR client.

Truth in advertising - List update
1. iStripper software constantly ping's Totem Software reg servers
2. Once a user reaches Platinum (299 shows purchased) status. Pause, slow play animation is added to the animation controls. Disconnecting from the internet disables these features.
3. Cards receive update banners with no description of what is being added or removed by accepting the upgrade to the content.
4. No changelog on application version releases
5. When purchasing cards the software only downloads the animation files. Users have to manualy download and save zip files for images and video files on each card seperately. Very manual process.
6. Depending on how cards are aquired, games of chance vs. going to the cards page etc. "currently" there may be some image files that don't synch as the synch feature doesn't appear to check these files in its current form.
7. Currently no bulk purchase feature option for all of a models cards. Must purchase 1 card at a time unless aquiring a "pack" through a game of chance.
8. Music - You can add your own MP3's to play while the animations run. There is no control to skip to another song currently in the application.
9. Custom Skins - and a great community creating new skins poste in the forum.
10. Very helpful community
11. Up to 4k Res but majority of cards are not high res.
12. Majority of the content is Smoking hot babes
13. New show daily
14. Very Responsive First tier tech support
Cartref
MODERADOR
Desde en Sep 2007

520 posts
April 22, 2019
Not sure where you are going with this, but really nothing in what they state in the page that you posted is really incorrect:

What you mention in the 14 points above while very true, are not covered by advertising.

The one point that you highlighted is that it can work with out the internet and that is true even though some functions are no longer available. The core function to see the girls dance and strip is there and always has been.

They release 7 cards per week, just that there are three on Fridays and then they do not release over the weekend.
Chicsans
Desde en Jul 2009

770 posts
April 22, 2019 (edited)
3. Cards receive update banners with no description of what is being added or removed by accepting the upgrade to the content.

I find this point to be utterly ***** and not humourous at all..

For some reason, when selecting to update a card, the card becomes irrevocably disabled until the update is complete. I have read elsewhere that the servers compare the server data for a card to the data in the user's model folder for that card and then adds/replaces data so that the user has what is on the server.

That is all well and good if the user's card is only modified with the additions, but I have found that every time I try to do a card update, the server downloads the entire set of card files, overwriting what I have.

That's a big problem with a severely metered connection, and so out of ***** I will look at the red update stickers that are on many of my cards.
Chicsans
Desde en Jul 2009

770 posts
April 22, 2019
@gkar45 ; Yeah, it's a good thing that the cards will still play with an update sticker.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
April 22, 2019 (edited)
I disagree almost entirely with @Firfan on this, Little, if anything, of what is mentioned has anything at all to do with advertising nor are any of Totem's statements that are referenced in any way false.

However, as has been brought up by the other participants, I do agree that that it would be nice to know in detail what was being flagged by an "update" sticker. Like @Chicsans I use a mobile data connection most of the time and therefore download the clips and updates only when I have access to a suitable WIFI connection (which I can do most weeks, but not always due to travelling), Almost all card updates have completed in a much shorter time than that required to download the clips for a new card so if I knew beforehand roughly how large an individual update would be then it is likely that I would have updated at least some, possibly many, via the mobile network.

recently I ***** a nasty surprise from iDancer. I had not used this program for some time but accidently started it a few days ago. For some reason unknown to me (maybe due to a change in my disk configuration) iDancer started a massive download which I did not initially notice. By the time I had seen the constant network traffic iDancer had downloaded over 2.6GB of data which had blown my highspeed mobile data quota for the month and therefore made using other programs a right royal ***** in the arse. This forum is still usable, but slow, as is any web browsing. I had at first assumed that it was a Windows update being downloaded so I was cursing Microsoft until I found that iDancer was the real culprit.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!