Nikky Case removal  

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

celine
EQUIPO
Desde en Sep 2007

1636 posts
May 15, 2019 (edited)
We would like to inform you that, at her request, we are going to remove Nikky Case from our catalog. This removal will occur on Monday, May 20th at 11.00 am Paris time.
Of course, if you have purchased her content, it will remain in your collection.

shodan084
Desde en Dec 2007

1658 posts
May 15, 2019
Sad news... a long time favourite of mine.

Oh well. I wish her well on her journey through life! :)
91hebasu
Desde en Jan 2008

1146 posts
May 15, 2019
Thank you so much for giving us fair warning and allowing us time to make sure we have everything.

Question......
Are her animations being removed from the database or will we still be able to download the shows we own ?
ckvghduser
Desde en Oct 2007

252 posts
May 15, 2019
Don't forget about the "Classic" card of Nikky Case!
Dfner
Desde en Feb 2018

604 posts
May 15, 2019

Good reminder! :) This was the first "withdraw" during my time here.

I had all her cards except the classic one so I decided to purchase it after this information.

It would be interesting to know of the sales figures of Nikky Case just before and after this official announcement. I suspect it spiked like crazy.

Have to say, that while I ***** the catalogue being stripped, I respect the Totem's willingness to abide to the wishes of the models, who no longer wish to be part of the adult industry. I don't think there is any clause in their contract that would require them to do that, but it is IMHO the correct and kind thing to do.
stefnev1
MODERADOR
Desde en Jul 2008

4440 posts
May 15, 2019
I wish a very long and happy life to Nikky, one of the cutest girl here 💋
And I'm going to make a backup of her collection 😉
peterbanker
Desde en Jan 2009

212 posts
May 15, 2019
Thanks Celine for giving us this warning so that we can make sure we have downloaded and backed up everything that we want of her.
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3742 posts
May 15, 2019
the classic series, "D" series don't show when posted as a link set.
A link set is: ( a photo link to that Card's Specific Page )
That's why the Image didn't display in the Original post.
the "D" series of cards do not have their own page.

in iStrippers Our Models pages,
https://www.istripper.com/models

each model has Links to All of Her cards, the "D" Series is Omitted.

Nikky Case
https://www.istripper.com/model/nikky-case
pumpdude48
Desde en May 2016

390 posts
May 15, 2019
Just wondering if this is just a stoppage of new sales but her material will still be available to those of us who have her cards or will it be a complete removal like Camilla and the others...?
POPEYED
Desde en Jul 2013

1342 posts
May 15, 2019
😱😱😱
jununger
Desde en Oct 2007

1250 posts
May 15, 2019
Thanks for the heads up Celine.

@pumpdude48
All material will be removed from Totem servers so you have to make sure to have a personal backup of all files... in case you need to switch computer or something like that. You will still be able to view the cards you bought but you will no longer be able to download the cards or bonus material from the Totem servers. Just like Camilla and the others.
POPEYED
Desde en Jul 2013

1342 posts
May 15, 2019
How do I make a backup???
pumpdude48
Desde en May 2016

390 posts
May 15, 2019 (edited)
Just copy her cards model/data files to a separate location that isn't readily accessible to the iStripper GUI and isn't likely to get lost due to disk failure etc.

You should also rename her card placeholders to aXXXX_custom so they don't get wiped out by the GUI.
pumpdude48
Desde en May 2016

390 posts
May 15, 2019
@jununger

Thanks for the reply, I have all her stuff backed up already and don't have any of the other removed cards.

But I know that one of the removed girls can still be downloaded if you had her cards from before the removal.

The others are just plain gone altogether which I why I posed the question.
POPEYED
Desde en Jul 2013

1342 posts
May 15, 2019
This is just very disturbing news indeed...but anyway I guess things happen for a reason no matter how insane!!!

anyway...I haven't used a computer in a good while and I forgot how to navigate to where the cards are stored... 😋

pumpdude48
Desde en May 2016

390 posts
May 15, 2019 (edited)
@Popeyed

Navigate to C:\\Users\Yournamehere\AppData\Local\VGHD

There you should find both your Data and Models folders

Find cards: a0320, a0319, a0279, a0285, a0277, a0278, a0281, a0280, a0276 on both folders and copy them to some other place on your p.c. or to a separate drive if you have one.
POPEYED
Desde en Jul 2013

1342 posts
May 15, 2019
Thank you so much! 👍😎
Ullubu
Desde en Dec 2011

726 posts
May 15, 2019
Don't forget d0252.
pumpdude48
Desde en May 2016

390 posts
May 15, 2019
Ooop's yep don't forget that one too.
POPEYED
Desde en Jul 2013

1342 posts
May 15, 2019
Do the cards run any better if they are stored directly on the pc because I have all mine on an external...
pumpdude48
Desde en May 2016

390 posts
May 15, 2019
If the "allow streaming of clips" box in settings is unchecked then the GUI will "load" the whole clip into it's memory and play it that way which can tend to reduce stuttering but can increase the delay between clips if your external HDD connection isn't the fastest.

In the end, if you have the space on your native internal HDD, the clips will likely run smoother than from the external HDD. However most systems that aren't "state of the art" don't have huge HDD's to store your collection on so the external one is the best answer most likely.
pumpdude48
Desde en May 2016

390 posts
May 16, 2019
@Popeyed

Sorry, but it just occured to me that we are sliding way off topic with this conversation.

I would be happy to answer more questions for you if you have them but send me a P.M. if you do so we don't send this train any further off the tracks than it already is.
POPEYED
Desde en Jul 2013

1342 posts
May 16, 2019
Backed them up twice! 😜
JayZ971
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2009

2202 posts
May 16, 2019
@celine
Thank you so much for giving us fair warning and allowing us time to make sure we have everything

Agree 100% 😎

ComteDracula
Desde en Aug 2017

1224 posts
May 16, 2019
Bonjour,

J'ai besoin d'explication en français pour être capable de conserver mes images et faire jouer les clips à nouveau, même s'ils sont seulement conserver dans mon ordinateur, une fois ces cartes enlevées du serveurs, et ce malgré les syncronisations futures du programme.

J'ai actuellement fait une copie des dossier data et models de toutes les cartes de Nikky Case sur un autre disque dur, ainsi que les suppléments.

Merci de vos explications.

Hello,

I need explanation in French to be able to keep my images and play the clips again, even if they are only kept in my computer, once these cards removed from the server, and this despite the future syncronizations of program.

I have currently made a copy of the data and model files of all Nikky Case cards on another hard drive, as well as the supplements.

Thank you for your explanations.
kindsoul88
Desde en Dec 2013

107 posts
May 16, 2019
Thanks for letting us know took the oppurtunity to buy the cards I wanted and make a backup of photos videos and clips :D
follower
Desde en Apr 2014

78 posts
May 16, 2019
My favorite model...

Would like to add to the thank you messages for this forewarning : time to do some backup (to be able to restore what's needed in case of a bad handling, always possible in the future).
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3742 posts
May 16, 2019
right now i'm watching all my Nikky Case cards, so much for life partners!!
As long as you have a backup copy NOT in use.
She will always be your Life partner.

Some info:
Keep at least one Backup copy that doesn't get used.

But It's not really a Backup if you only have ONE copy.
You should never count your In use copy as part of your Backup..

So that Means Two, other copies not in use at all times.
That is a true backup. Two spare copies of the same information. Just in case one gets damaged.
re-Create that copy immediately.

Check the condition of your backup copies.
do a Error Checking scan once every 6 months.

This is my recommendation for any Data that you do Not ever want to loose.
data that is Important to you, that can not every again be downloaded is worth the extra effort.
Two spare copies, that you check and refresh regularly.

and it's better if One of those copies is in a different location.
This is the attractiveness of Cloud backups.

DukeNukem
Desde en Dec 2008

71 posts
May 16, 2019
How do I use my backups in the future? Ex: I have to reinstall Istripper but want to watch Nikky.

I don't understand why Totem doesn't let us download her files forever. This really scares me , I don't have the time to watch all of my collection but I always hope to have some in the future..so i end up buying cards.

It would really suck not being able to watch what I paid for.
Totem please try to change your ways:)
91hebasu
Desde en Jan 2008

1146 posts
May 16, 2019 (edited)
The short answer......
You can copy/paste your backup into your models folder

So far, Celine has only said that her shows are being removed from their catalog. I interpret that as removal from the store. As of yet, we do not have confirmation that her shows will no longer be available for download by those that own her cards.

I’m thinking her cards are being removed from the store but the animations will still be available for download to those that already own her cards. Don’t hold me to that though.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!